Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Languages

 Good day, and welcome to my contribution to Sunday Stamps.

It's a cool cloudy day in the American Midwest.

Our theme today is different languages, as they appear on stamps.  I have this stamp from Greenland:


(Yes I have shared it before.)  The words here are in the native Greenland Eskimo language and in Danish.  Denmark administers Greenland still, I believe.  This stamp came on a postcard from a student, sent to our department.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

violet s said...

Greenland has done well with including both Danish and Greenlandic on their stamps.

Mail Adventures said...

It's a great design, indeed!

Joy said...

Countries with dual languages are interesting. The student must have done a happy dance being able to send a stamp of the Ikka Fjord mineral columns and being able to entertain both the geology and microbiology departments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails