Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Music makers

 Good day, and welcome to a cold sunny day in the American Midwest.  It's time for Sunday stamps.

This week's theme is music makers.

This stamp commemorates Pete Seeger (1919 - 2014), American folk singer.  He travelled and collected folk music from around the USA, and wrote some important songs himself. (If I had a hammer, Turn turn turn!, Where have all the flowers gone?)  The stamp is part of the Music Icons series.  This is a current stamp offered by the US Postal Service.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I love this series, thanks for sharing Seeger's stamp

Mail Adventures said...

I hadn't seen the stamp. This series is very well designed!

violet s said...

He looks so happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails