Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday Stamps: End of War

 Good Sunday!  It snowed yesterday in my area of the Midwest and it is mostly sticking.

It's time for Sunday Stamps.  The theme this week is end of war, battles, military, or Remembrance Day.  Veteran's Day (as it is called in the USA) was November 11.

I have a stamp I have shared before.  It commemorates the end of not the First World War but the Second World War.


The battleship Missouri.  She was in Tokyo harbor in September 1945 and the treaty ending the war with Japan was signed on her deck.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

violet s said...

That is a nice looking ship.

Joy said...

How interesting to have a treaty signed on a ship.
Like you Scandinavia has had snow but here in the UK we have just had the warmest Remembrance Sunday on record! 21C (70F)

Mail Adventures said...

I didn't know the story behind this stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails