Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday Stamps: Birds

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  It is a cool but sunny day in the American Midwest.

This week's theme is birds.

The USPS does not have any bird stamps presently listed on their website, so I went looking on the internet.  Inspired by our hostess, I found some older New Zealand bird stamps:


This is from a search on the google machine.  I found these 1959 stamps on a stamps for sale site.  Some neat water birds.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

violet s said...

I wonder if those are the Maori names for these birds. Those pink legs on the poaka are quite striking. And I always love to see the underside of a bird's wings.

viridian said...

I think these are the Maori names.

Mail Adventures said...

I like the backgrounds colours. They allow to emphasise the birds.

Joy said...

Attractive waterbirds, New Zealand always issue such interesting birds on stamps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails