Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Stamps: Olympics

 Good day and welcome to my postcard blog.  The Tokyo Olympics are closing today, and our hostess for Sunday stamps has asked us to share stamps of Japan, or of the Olympics.

I have a stamp from Postcrossing days, from 2012:


From a Russian postcrosser, I believe this stamp commemorates the 100 year anniversary of the Russian Olympic Committee, though I cannot read the Cyrillic letters.  I have shared this stamp before, back in 2012!

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

Joy said...

The gold lettering is nice. An apposite stamp when Russian athletes are participating under the ROC banner this year.

violet s said...

That logo looks very familiar ;)
I've just checked and the ROC have come in 5th with most medals this year.

Mail Adventures said...

I like that they show so many different sports on a single stamp.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails