Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Stamps; Secular Christmas stamps

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

This week's theme for Sunday stamps is Christmas, specifically secular Christmas stamps (religious Christmas stamps will be next week).  Here is one I would have purchased is my days of participating in Postcrossing:


A round USA stamp for international postage.  This rate is now US $1.20, which is one reason why I am not participating in Postcrossing anymore.  But what a wonderful idea - sending postcards across the world, and getting pretty postcards from strangers in return.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more entries!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I have got this stamp several times, and I still love it.

The rates for international mail from Spain are even higher: 1,45€ to Europe, 1,55€ to the rest of the world. I expect the usual raise on 1st January :|
But still, I love Postcrossing. You can set the goal, like sending one or two postcards par month.

Joy said...

Our International post has gone up twice this year and is due to go up again in January. (Covid and lack of planes blamed). Just to make you feel better about your postage a postcard to the US from the UK would be the equivalent of $1.95.

Bob Scotney said...

We have agreed not to post cards to and from the USA this year. But will the practice die out?

A. Dennis said...

Actually, the rate for US international postage is $1.15 and is not scheduled to increase in 2021.

violet s said...

oops, I'm sorry I missed this entry.
Our international rates are $2.75 so I am always envious of yours. Back in the before times, it was not unknown for me to send a few cards in Buffalo if I was across the border.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails