Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sunday Stamps; Madonna with child

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

Today's theme for Sunday Stamps is religious Christmas stamps.  For my contribution:  I may be bending the rules a bit, as I don't know if this stamp from Germany was issued as a Christmas stamp or not.  But it is of one the most famous Madonna and Child paintings out there.  Bonus:  it's an amazing mini-sheet.


A famous painting by Raphael, part of the High Renaissance in Italy.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more entries!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

violet s said...

It certainly looks like a Christmas theme to me :)
Raphael certainly liked painting Mary. I love the billowing robes in this one.
Marry Christmas to you.

Mail Adventures said...

I think it wasn't issued as a Christmas stamp. But it could have perfectly been!
You're right: this is a wonderful mini-sheet.

Joy said...

Lovely mini sheet and those cute cherubs have also appeared on many a Christmas card,

Bob Scotney said...

Raphael does religious scenes so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails