Sunday, May 12, 2024

Sunday Stamps: Women on Stamps

Good day, and welcome to my blog.  It is a cool May morning with an absolutely clear sky here in the American Midwest.  No, I did not see the Northern Lights: too much light pollution where I live.

It is time for Sunday Stamps.  I have today an image from the US Postal Service of Betty Ford (1918 - 2011), wife of the 38th president, Gerald Ford:


She was First Lady from 1974 - 1977.  This is a portion of her official White House portrait.  She is also well-known for her establishment of the Betty Ford Centers.

 Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more entries!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

FinnBadger said...

Betty Ford was a courageous woman, and worked hard to shed light on addiction.

violet s said...

No northern lights for me either, no matter how hard i tried to chase them!
Interestingly, I remember much more about Betty Ford than Gerald Ford.

Mail Adventures said...

I had never seen this stamp. Nice!

Joy said...

An attractive portrait. Violet Sky makes a good point, I too remember more about her than the president.

Lisa said...

I find it funny that I was an adult when she was First Lady and I didn't recognize her! The Betty Ford Centers are a great legacy. I clicked the link, and didn't know they are (or always were?) Hazelden. I have a relative who received her graduate education in drug and alcohol counseling at a Hazelton facility.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails