Sunday, May 14, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Women

 Good day, welcome to a cloudy but nice day in the American Midwest.

It's time for my contribution to Sunday Stamps.

The them today is women.

I am featuring a stamp released this year by the USPS of Toni Morrison (1931 - 2019), author and Pulitzer Prize winner.  In 1993, she was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.  She is the author of Tar Baby, The Bluest Eye, Song of Solomon, and Beloved, among others.
I am sorry to say I haven't read any of her books.  But I can look forward to reading them.


These images are from the USPS website.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

2 comments:

violet s said...

I have read some of her books, but am not sure I was enamoured.
I like this almost casual portrait of her.

Mail Adventures said...

I'm afraid I haven't read her works. But the stamp is a nice portrait, anyway!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails