Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Stamps: "N"

 A cold and sunny day in the American Midwest.

SeeitonaPostcard says there really aren't enough pink stamps.  Hmm, I may have a pink stamp for today.  And it follows the theme of the letter "N", our theme for this week.

Two stamps from the Netherlands, that I have shared previously, some years ago:


Sorry for the big cancel!  Stamps from when I was in Postcrossing.  My correspondent noted these were caps worn by elderly ladies or women in the "bible belt" of the Netherlands.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

But I like the big cancel! :)

Heleen said...

THank you for sharing these stamps which are familiar to me :-)

And I agree with Eva, I love the postmark, too!

Indeed the places Walcheren and Bunschoten-Spakenburg are part of the orthodox-protestant 'Bible Belt' (see more details on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt_(Netherlands) ). However, there are also places outside these regions where (mainly elderly) women wear traditional costumes. The most well-known Dutch cap is from Volendam (the typical cap shown on the photo - the woman on the left - at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volendam )

Joy said...

I like how the design makes the caps stand out. Makes me wonder how many different styles of cap there are in the Netherlands.

violet s said...

The cancel is at least neatly centred!
The intricate designs on the caps are nice.

FinnBadger said...

Fun design - and more pink :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails