Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sunday Stamps: Black and White

 Hello and welcome to my contribution to Sunday Stamps.  It's Sunday morning and I am sipping my coffee.  Once again I surveyed the pages of the USA Postal Service and found a set of stamps, just released on Aug. 13, 2020.

There's a little color there, but mostly black and white!  These stamps feature the wire sculptures of Ruth Asawa  (1926 - 2013),  a Japanese- American artist who did drawings, painting, prints, and large public projects.  The wire sculptures are shown on the stamps.

More information is at:  https://store.usps.com/store/product/buy-stamps/ruth-asawa-S_476304.

A closer view of one stamp:


I don't have these stamps in hand, I am using the images from the USPS website.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more contributions.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

violet s said...

These sculptures are amazing!
And I love that the USPS has 10 stamps in her honour.

FinnBadger said...

These are intriguing designs - looking forward to using them on outgoing mail soon.

Mail Adventures said...

I haven't seen these in person, but the designs seem nice to me, and very elegant.

Joy said...

I like the different shapes especially the leaf one.

Bob Scotney said...

Fascinating designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails