Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Stamps: Famous People

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  It's a lovely Fall morning in the American Midwest, and time for Sunday Stamps.

Our theme today is famous or accomplished people.  Although the US Postal Service has a recent stamp of George Washington, I am going to share a different stamp.

This is Fred Rogers (with King Friday), host of a well-known children's TV show in the USA.  In each episode he would greet us in his home and later go to the land of make-believe.  His was a reassuring voice for many children.  By the time we got cable TV when I was a child, I was a bit too old for this show.  I came to appreciate it later.  His was a message of kindness and love thy neighbor.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Two very famous people! My children watched the show regularly. I liked it when he went on "field trips." I still remember the doll factory and the workers who spent 8 hours a day putting backs on fronts as they passed by. A nicer memory was when he played a horn in caves where mushrooms were grown for harvest!

marina said...

Yes, these stamps are really a great tribute to Mr. Rogers