Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Stamps: Rivers

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  It's a muggy morning in the American Midwest.

It's time for Sunday Stamps, and the theme is rivers.

Here is an image from the US Postal Service of a river along the Appalachian Trail.  This is part of a group of stamps that I have shared before, when the theme was waterfalls.

Have you ever hiked along a portion of the Appalachian Trail?  I grew up near the trail in Massachusetts but no, never hiked it.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

marina said...

Beautiful stamp. Peaceful image,

violet s said...

I have hiked a couple of miles when on a holiday. That is like me not really hiking the Bruce Trail that is so accessible near me. Sometimes if it's in your backyard, you never get around to it!

Lisa said...

No, never been. I'm on the west coast and have rarely been that far east, and never for sightseeing. I like the autumn colors with the river and they way the photographer got the sunlight and shadow.

Joy said...

I remember enjoying the wavy Appalachian trail text (and still do) on your past post. I like the perspective of church steeple and bridge within the landscape.

Mail Adventures said...

What a beautiful picture!

FinnBadger said...

This set of stamps is so pretty. I haven't attempted any part of the trail, and on reading that it takes multiple months to do the whole thing, I can't see that happening any time soon