Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday Stamps "E"

Hello and welcome to my infrequent postings to this blog.  My day job started up in late August, and this weekend I am fighting a cold.  No fun. :-(

However I do want to participate in Sunday Stamps, up to the letter E in the tour of the alphabet.  I found this stamp in my work desk, while looking for something else:


A stamp issued in 2008 celebrating the work of Charles and Ray Eames, a husband and wife design partnership.

According to Wikipedia:
Charles Ormond Eames, Jr. /ˈmz/ (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" Kaiser Eames (1912–1988) were an American design married couple who made significant historical contributions to the development of modern architecture and furniture. Among their most well-known designs is the Eames Lounge Chair. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic designfine art, and film. Ray Kaiser Eames and Charles Eames worked together as creative partners.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard and see who else has joined in!

Viridian

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Good find for E!

FinnBadger said...

I love the Eames set of stamps, so it was nice to see you choose one for today.

Joy said...

Interesting, its not the chair I always associate them with.

Maria said...

I googled Eames lounge chair and it looks so comfortable to sit in!

Bob Scotney said...

An unusual chair fro a designer new to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails