Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sunday Stamps #154

Good Saturday evening! It's cold and snowy here in the American Midwest. I am a little later than usual, but it's time to set up Sunday Stamps.



Our theme this week is pets, which I think will be a favorite of my contributors.  I thought of this theme when I received this stamp recently from Great Britain:


Given its value (22 p) I would guess this stamp was issued some time ago.  Hmm, my new scanner does not seem to catch the detail of this stamp.  Maybe I am scanning at  too low a resolution.  Well now I know. 

  Please join me this week with your stamp of choice, showing a pet.

Theme next week:  Geology or landscapes.
Theme week after that: Folk art.

Viridian



9 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

What a coincidence! I bought the Stubbs set of dogs from #my market trader' this week but that is not what I am going to show.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

There seems to be a proliferation of Stubbs' dogs! I bought the cards and did choose them to show this week.

Joy said...

I don't remember this Stubbs set but what a wonderful painter of animals.

Maria said...

It's nice to see several of this George Stubbs issue today! :)

Mail Adventures said...

Not my favourite theme at first, but I must say that I'm enjoying the discover of so many stamps about pets in the contributors' blogs!

Lisa B said...

I think the King Charles spaniel is the only one I have seen of that set. Lovely.

luvlinens said...

I am surprised at the number of Dog stamps, Love them.

VioletSky said...

Dogs were definitely a favourite for stamp pet illustrators!

Ana said...

yay! I made it!

I have a bunch of dog stamps too, but went for cats this time :)

havent heard of Stubbs before....something new to learn today :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails