Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sunday Stamps #53

Theme for this week: Food. The raw materials (fruits, vegetables, grains etc.) or the finished products. What were you able to find?


I have: some stamps from Kenya, with the coconut, and groundnuts, which are also known as peanuts.

These stamps came from a student, who sent a postcard to our department when she was in Kenya on a safari.  Someday I may go on safari too!
Please share your stamps and visit some other blogs and enjoy Sunday Stamps.

                            


Theme next week:  Standard Issues.  Let's look at the  everyday stamps of our country and find something new to say about them.

Viridian

7 comments:

VioletSky said...

I have a great recipe for groundnut stew that I haven't made in a long time... thanks for the reminder! Surprisingly, I always think of it as a perfect warming winter dish though it comes from Africa.

Joy said...

Must be nice to have fresh coconut, although I think I would prefer the safari:-) I always find it fascinating how coconuts spread by floating on sea currents.

Bob Scotney said...

I remember the groundnut sandal in Afirca in the 1950s - a British Government scheme that failed. Don't think it was in Kenya though.

LiT Web Studio said...

i'm allergic to peanuts! the stamps are great though! nice to be back for sunday stamps...so happy to find this space is still going!

Lisa B said...

Food was kind of tricky to find, I found some on African stamps more so than European.

Dorincard said...

We are what we eat? You like nuts? Working for peanuts...

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I lived in Africa for my young childhood and groundnuts are part of my memories. Roasted in their shells, yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails