Friday, January 28, 2011

Postcard Friendship Friday: Jan. 28


Night time view: Moonlight on Causeway to Atlantic Ocean, Fort Pierce, Fla.
No further information on the back.  Mailed from Fort Pierce to Ft. Lauderdale and postmarked Jan. 20, 1949.
Also has a long message from the vacationing May and Edna to their friend Ruth.

This card is also part of my Florida card collection, and is in really great shape.  I'm in the cold and snow, but I hope I can find time to relax this weekend.  I hope you can too.
Thank you Beth for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday!
Remember: My new meme Sunday Stamps opens again late Saturday night. See the post below for our great time last week.

viridian

10 comments:

Joy said...

Love the perspective of this card. A great place to walk in moonlight.

Funoldhag said...

What a pretty card - would be nice to stroll down that road. Carol

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you :)
This is a really nice postcard.
I am still trying to find my box with my books of stamps .I am thinking my box may still be in storage from our last move!
Anyway I look forward to joining your new meme at some point .
Thank you for sharing another great post with us today.
Florida sure sounds nice right now .
Have a blessed weekend.
Until Next Time
Happy Trails

Postcardy said...

Great perspective!

Christine H. said...

You just can't beat the great colors on those old linen cards.

Snap said...

Moonlight on the causeway ... very romantic! Happy PFF!

Dorincard said...

Super-card! :)
Stay warm with "confetti of friendship" from around the world - postcards, blogposts, friends...:)

MuseSwings said...

The bridge looked very romantic in 1949 - soft lights, softer clouds and an adventure awaiting at the other end. I'm in Florida - but it's been cold here too. At least I get to wear sweaters for a while.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love the way that bridge stretches away into the distance! I wish I could take photos like that.

Carole said...

I'm so behind in viewing last weeks entries!

That is a great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails