Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sunday Stamps #169

Good morning or good evening, where ever you are.

Welcome to Sunday Stamps! It's a busy weekend at chez Viridian as we had a combined birthday party for my daughter (now 14) and my son (now 16). The 16 year old isn't driving - yet. My hair will turn grayer once that starts!

This week our theme is stamps from Russia or other former communist countries.  Can be new or older stamps.

I'd like to take you on a short trip to Russia, courtesy of a recent postcard from Marina:


This is the Bank Bridge in Saint Petersburg.  Those are griffins with gilded wings.  She sent this card to me with these stamps:


These buildings might be from Saint Petersburg.  The bottom stamp appears to be of the Winter Palace.

Anyway, what can you share with us this week? Let's take a tour of eastern Europe.  Add your link below and please visit the other contributors.

Theme next week: flowers.
Theme week after that: anything you wish.

Viridian



7 comments:

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Happy Birthdya to both of your children. :)

Postcardy said...

I have some postcards and Russian and Soviet paintings on stamps.

agi said...

these are indeed 2 of 3 se-tenant stamps showing st petersburg, beautiful!

Lisa B said...

Lovely stamps, St Petersburg has some amazing buildings. The second stamp reminds me of the new GB issue of Buckingham Palace.

Joy said...

Love the perspective of the postcard which makes nice combination with th stamps of St Petersburg. The boats sailing past make a very peaceful scene on the last stamp.

Bob Scotney said...

I like the Russian practice of putting the year on the stamps.
Mine have too.

Ana said...

I love the golden colours of these stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails