Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 170

Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sunday Stamps.



It's a beautiful evening here in the American Midwest and Spring is definitely here.  In fact we are moving quickly into summer.  But before that, let's share some flower stamps.


Flowers are commonly found on stamps.  These flowers are actually Winter flowers, according to the US Postal Service. This image of the group of 4 stamps is from their website. Your flowers can be from any season!

Please join me this week, and please visit other contributors.

I have a page on Facebook: "Like" me and keep up with my infrequent  stamp, postcard, and quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Theme next week: Anything you wish.
Theme week after that: I'll get back to you!

Viridian

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard with pictures of older flower stamps from various countries.

VioletSky said...

for winter flowers, these have captured some magnificent blue sky and sunshine!

Bob Scotney said...

I have several stamps from the USA that look as if they are from a series like these.
Today I have wildflowers from Iceland.

Joy said...

The bottom one looks like a Christmas cactus although the pot plant I have never flowers then but still it is a pretty sight in winter. Nice stamp set. I have gone for spring this week.

Mail Adventures said...

These are really neat stamps. I have received two or three of this series.

agi said...

lovely bright flowers! sadly never received any on either postcards or covers

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I've received one or two of these and I think they are beautiful!

Ana said...

I was lucky to receive this whole set on a cover, but in order not to get repetitive, I chose something else for today...love them all, the colours are so lovely!

jared's mum said...

flowers are quite common in stamps + I cannot complain about it, they simply are a joy to look at.

i did enjoy writing about some of the flowers i have in my stamp collections, thanks for this theme!

btw, i did follow your FB Page + I do hope you can return the favor! :)

Musings On Meanderings Facebook Page

Lisa B said...

a beautiful series!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails