Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 173

Sunday stamps is going up a bit late tonight because I am just back from a house-warming party. It was a beautiful evening and a fun time.
Theme this week; Music and musical instruments.


My first contribution is this stamp from Austria.  My next selection is a stamp from Lietuva (Lithuania):


This one features the birbyne, a reeded intrument from Lithuania, and the kankles, a plucked string instrument, somewhat like a zither.  Both are new to me.  As this is a Europa stamp, I think there are other musical instrument stamps out there, from other countries.

Please  interpret this theme widely, and join me this week.  I have been very busy and unable to visit most entries last week, so I am going to do double the work this week!
I have a page on Facebook: "Like" me and keep up with my infrequent  stamp, postcard, and quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Theme next week: airplanes and air transport.
Theme week after that: Circus, clowns, or fun fairs, interpreted broadly.

Viridian



8 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The Austrian stamp is beautiful! The theme of the Europa stamps this year is musical instruments but the Royal Mail isn't issuing them until the autumn unfortunately.

Joy said...

The design and light wood of the Lithuanian stamp is so interesting. I'm glad your sender has kept the side tab which draws your eye to the background.

Postcardy said...

I agree with the other comments. The Austrian stamp is beautiful, and the the Lithuanian stamp is interesting.

agi said...

both are beautiful stamps. first time i see the lithuanian instruments

Bob Scotney said...

Two great stamps.

I have had to take a different route and show conductors instead.

VioletSky said...

I've been hoping for a Europa stamp, but am still waiting. Both are lovely.

Mail Adventures said...

I like both stamps, and the clear pictures of them you show.
Oh, and I glad you like my suggestions last week :D

Ana said...

love the Austrian one! Soo Mozart-like :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails