Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sunday stamps 171

Hello everyone, and welcome this week to Sunday Stamps.

Our theme this week is anything you wish.

I was happy to receive the following stamp, as it is geological.  I was even more happy to learn via Google translate, that this is an image of "the Devil's Table":


Imagine how creepy this would be at night, in the moonlight!

Join me this week for this open theme, perhaps featuring a stamp that is hard to fit into a theme.

I have a page on Facebook: "Like" me and keep up with my infrequent  stamp, postcard, and quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Theme next week: It's Memorial Day in the USA.  Share a stamp commemorating a person or event worth remembering.
Theme week after that: Music and musical instruments.

Viridian




10 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard with a collage of USSR stamps.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I wouldn't like to get too close. I'm sure it must be stable but even so.

I caught a bug last week and so I didn't manage to visit everyone. I'll try to do a double circuit this week if things work out a bit better.

Joy said...

Locally we have a 'Devil's Armchair', so he must move on to Germany for his repast:-) He has his fair share of geological features named after him.

Mail Adventures said...

Beautiful stamp from an impressive place! I wouldn't mind to go there for a walk...

Bob Scotney said...

I found a registered envelope and stamps from the United Nations.

We need to move Joy's armchair to sit at your Devil's Table. Great stamp.

Ana said...

Devil's Table - sounds so cool as a name of a place...and stamp too..would love to visit it one day!

Heleen said...

Wow, that's an impressive rock!
Beautiful combination of colours, too.

agi said...

i cannot really imagine its size, i'll join the googling :)

luvlinens said...

Sorry I am so late checking in. My stamp today is the Seattle, Washington Space Needle,from the 1962 WORLD'S FAIR.

jared's mum said...

a very interesting stamp! i wish i can receive one of those, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails