Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunday Stamps # 76

This Sunday the theme is anything you wish. I am still on vacation and if all goes according to plan, I will be in the beautiful city of Montreal Canada - stuck in an all-day meeting. Oh well, there is time afterwards for drinks and dinner.

My stamp for today is this beautiful pink rose from the Republic of China, also known as Taiwan, and for people of a certain generation, also known as Formosa.


I don't know if you can tell, but this stamp is embossed - partially raised up in areas.  Interesting!
Please join me this week with a stamp - it's easy, any stamp will do.

Theme next week: scenic natural areas.

Viridian


9 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have some American history.

Alhana said...

I have received this stamp recently, it is very beautiful.

Although I am young, I sometimes call the island Formosa because I used to go to a Taiwanese restaurant called like that. :-)

Joy said...

Nicely stylised stamp, I imagine roses do very well in Taiwan.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love the stamp. I've had several cards from Taiwan and they call the island Ilha Formosa on the card, surprisingly.

dakotaboo said...

I'm in this week, with some dragon boat racing from Hong Kong.

Helen said...

I like the postmark with the Chinese characters on it. They are cool!
Hope you are having fun in Montreal, Viridian. :)

Marcie said...

I have received this stamp as well and I love it. The embossing makes it somewhat special!

VioletSky said...

I like the embossed look.
I also like the word Formosa (though I understand why some countries change their names, the older names sound more romantic to me)

Maria said...

I like embossed stamps like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails