Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sunday Stamps #10

Wow, we are up to week #10!!!!


Theme this week:  Anything you wish.  The stamp above just arrived to my house on a postcard from Latvia Lithuania. I think this is a Christmas stamp, but no matter.  I'd like to share it with you today.

I keep thinking about the earthquake in Japan, and obsessively check the US Geological Survey EQ web page for aftershocks (some have been considerable in size) and the news for more information.  It is shocking and sad, and my thoughts are with them.  As bad as it is, the damage isn't worse because they have good building codes in Japan.  remember the initial 8.9 earthquake was one of the top 10 earthquakes ever measured, in magnitude.  the magnitude scale is logarithmic, so that a mag 8 earthquake is 10 times more shaking and 30 times more energy released than a mag 7 earthquake.

I think this stamp reminds us we all share one world.

Please join in, sharing any stamp you wish.

Viridian

Theme next week: stamps from Ireland, green stamps, shamrock stamps, stamps with Irish people on them. . .

6 comments:

Postcardy said...

My post reminds us that we share one world too.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's a very pretty stamp and I love the way it encompasses the whole world.

Joy said...

A nice concept, the only world we have, look after it.

Erika said...

May I correct you? The stamp is not from Latvia - it's from Lithuania. Lietuva in English is Lithuania.

Ann said...

It's a very pretty stamp. I'm just beginning to join you're party. I love old letters and postcards so maybe I can post some interesting ones.
ann

Dorincard said...

Nice earthling...
Some cats, some dogs, and definitely Zoo animals have shown restless activity right before major seisms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails