Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday Stamps: Illustrations

 Hello and welcome to my blog.  It's a cool sunny day in the American Midwest, and time for Sunday Stamps.

The theme this week is illustrations.  I have a stamp issued last year, still available on the USPS website:


A stamp honoring children's book author Tomie dePaola (1934 - 2020). He has a varied body of work: folktales, legends, informational books, religious and holiday stories, and autobiographical tales.  The stamp art features a detail from the cover of Strega Nona, or "grandma witch"  who uses magic to help with matters of the heart and to cure her neighbors' ills.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more entries!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

violet s said...

I am not familiar with his work, but I bet this stamp brings back waves of nostalgia for many others.

Lisa said...

That's a really cute one! I am familiar with his stories. I had no idea he had died not long ago.

Joy said...

Sweet stamp and a witch one would like as a neighbour.

FinnBadger said...

Great choice for today

Mail Adventures said...

I discovered this author thanks to the stamp. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails