Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sunday Stamps #62

This week's theme: anything you wish. I had a stamp picked out for this but then a postcard from Russia arrived this week.



This was sent from a 6 year old boy who is learning a lot about geography, I am sure.  He or his parents found an old, circa 1982 postcard (from the copyright date).  And note the hammer and sickle CCCP (USSR) mark in the corner!  Thank you for not covering this with a stamp - it really takes me back.

Of course the other gem here is the triangular stamp of lace.  I like all sorts of textiles, especially quilting so it really brightened my date to receive this card.

Please join me with any stamp you wish - it doesn't have to be from Russia, or triangular, or of a textile :-).

Theme next week: Spring or flowers.

Viridian

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

The "mark" in the corner is preprinted postage like we have on our USPS postal cards.

Sreisaat said...

Apart from the hammer and the sickle, which we don't see often these days, I also like the unusually-shaped stamp that was used.


Postcards Crossing

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Interestingly, France had a very similar lace stamp last year some time. I must look it up.

My entry would be more suitable for next week, but too late now to do anything about. I will put my thinking cap on. :)

Sreisaat said...

Hi. I'm back with my second entry.
Have a nice Sunday.



MyStamp Menagerie

Bob Scotney said...

You must have been delighted to receive this card. The triangular stamp is quite a size, just right to show the lace detail.

VioletSky said...

That lace is lovely and great to see so much detail!
I'm glad I came here before posting - I had spring flowers planned for this week, but will save that for next and go with my other option (but will need to wait until daylight to take the pics...)

Joy said...

Interesting triangular stamp, I wonder if it is part of a miniature sheet.

Postcardy said...

I did spring and flowers this week too.

dakotaboo said...

It's been a hectic week for me as I've been working away in India. Glad to be back home now, and have just found enough time to submit my entry. Happy Sunday Stamps.

viridian said...

About the pre-printed postage: Yes it is! How strange to think postage from a long-extinguished country is accepted by the new country!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails