Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sunday Stamps #60

The theme this Sunday is Streetcars or any kind of public transportation.  Feel free to interpret this theme widely.  Here is my stamp:


An older stamp from our friends in Finland, showing a green streetcar and lovely birch trees.  I do not think the USA has put streetcars on stamps, but maybe someone can prove me wrong.

Enjoy this week's theme! 

March is Women's History month in the USA, and March 8 is International Women's Day.  Next Sunday Stamps, let's have a theme of stamps featuring famous women, women's rights, International Women's Day, etc.

Viridian

11 comments:

Postcardy said...

The United States had a block of 4 20¢ early streetcar stamps issued in 1983.

Joy said...

That is a wonderfully peaceful scene, looks like spring.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

As usual, a lovely stamp from Finland!

It is now well past midnight here and I need to be up bright and early tomorrow to go away for a short break, so I'll do the commenting rounds when I'm more settled.

Postcardy said...

You can see the U.S. streetcar stamps here:
http://arago.si.edu/index.asp?con=1&cmd=1&mode=1&tid=2038557&

Jocelyn said...

I wish we had street cars here. They are so lovely.

Bob Scotney said...

The colours in this stamp are so eye-catching. Finland wins again.

Julie Goucher said...

Lovely stamp, full of spring, unlike the rain we have here at the moment!

Great choice for next week.

dakotaboo said...

Great theme this week, and some lovely stamps shared already. My entry is now posted. Happy Sunday Stamps.

Ana said...

I like it how the tram colours match the surroundings!

Lisa B said...

Lots to choose from for this theme, and again a wonderful stamp from Finland. The Finnish stamps are never disappointing.

VioletSky said...

This is a beautiful rendition of a 'bendy' tram ( I like saying 'bendy' - so much more fun than 'articulated'!)

Anyway, everyone else came up with many examples of transportation and I had nothing to share - next week for sure, I'll be back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails