Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sunday Stamps # 19

In which we share any stamp we wish, or Mother's Day stamps, if we have any.  Which I don't, alas.  So I am going to share a stamp illustrating my next theme:


Folk Culture or handcrafts from your nation, or any nation.  I have some USA stamps I'll share.  This stamp from Canada is a piece of art that references Native American art from the Northwest.
Here is another from China:



So share a stamp or two today, and make a note about next week.

Theme next week: stamps that feature folk handcrafts such as textiles, costumes, pottery, wood carvings, paper crafts, or even food. I'll have a theme for folk festivals, dance, theatre, sport etc. at a later time.
Viridian

9 comments:

Postcardy said...

The pow wow stamp looks really interesting.

Postcard Perfect said...

Nice! I'm gonna start rummaging my postcard again for next week's theme. :)

Sreisaat said...

The Chinese stamps look like some kind of embroidery - nice. I love the pow wow stamp as well. I am such a fan of indigenous art! Looking forward to next week's theme... I have quite a number of stamps under this theme :)
Have a great Sunday!
Postcards Crossing

Bob Scotney said...

Nice to have a 'pow-wow' about stamps. Great Canadian stamp.

Joy said...

I like the contrast between the two stamps, art form and culture.

Lisa B said...

The sewing or beadwork on the Chinese stamp is really pretty. I shall have to have a browse through my stuff to find something for next week's theme (a good excuse to get it all out :) ) thanks

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The two stamps are so different and yet both beautiful.

Ana said...

that second stamp seems as if it's made of real cloth! Interesting!

I think I shall find something fitting for next week....

d_gust said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Please check out mine Life in a Postcard Mirror at
www.teicharchives.blogspot.com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails