Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sunday stamps # 18

Today's theme: transportation: planes, trains, and automobiles. Even streetcars.


I can't read the Russian, but I am pretty sure this is an air mail stamp.  The only thing the plane is transporting is mail, and that may be a good thing, as it appears as if this plane is about to crash into the ocean!

Come and share your transportation stamps.  I hope you visit the other participants too.

Theme next week: Anything you wish.  You may wish to share Mother's Day stamps, if you have any.

9 comments:

Postcardy said...

It's a seaplane. "Gidrosamolet MBR-2" is the name.

Bob Scotney said...

Whenever I see a heron in flight I think of a flying boat. The Russians have some fine stamps, this is one.

Ana said...

well, I wouldnt want this plane crash even if it may only be transporting mail....it would be too much lost mail...

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I wondered if it was a seaplane but I see Postcardy has the answer. It's very strange looking.

Joy said...

Very dramatic, the mail must get through.

Sreisaat said...

I wouldn't know this is a seaplane had Postcardy didn't say.
Happy Mother's Day to our Sunday Stamps friends :)


Postcards Crossing

Lisa B said...

A dramatic stamps and lovely colours. My first time to join Sunday stamps this week, thank you.

Ann said...

This is a cool stamp. Like the vivid colors.
Ann
I entered my link but it's not showing up.

Dorincard said...

Nice stamp! How do you know what it's transporting? Just because it's an airmail stamp? :)
It could be on a mission to bury somebody at sea, for all we know...:)
The angle of drawing is chosen so that we see the unusual thingie on top (it was once a cooling fan).
Happy Mother's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails