Friday, January 7, 2011

PFF: Announcing a new meme: Sunday stamps!


Announcing a new meme: Sunday stamps!


Do you love stamps as much as I do? Do you consider them little works of art in themselves? Are you a stamp collector, or do you accumulate large number of stamps in candy boxes or cigar boxes (like me)?

I welcome you to join Sunday Stamps where you can show off your collection. Write a post, publish it, and then link into my blog. We’ll be starting January 9 on this blog. It will be a great way to get over the January blues.

I will be using Linky tools – the same linking software that Beth uses for Postcard Friendship Friday. I plan to open the linky party late Saturday night or early Sunday morning (USA Eastern time) and close it Sunday at midnight.

I look forward to seeing your posts. If you have any trouble posting your link, please email me at viridian61 –at- yahoo.com.


Thank you to our hostess Beth at The Best Hearts are Crunchy for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday. Click on the link to see who else is playing!
viridian

10 comments:

Elaine said...

I have always loved postage stamps and the many pictures on them... I have a few that I've saved. Did you know you can even design your own stamps on Photostamps.com? i did some for Christmas for the kids...it's a bit expensive so I won't do it again but it was fun to see the grandkids on a stamp.

Looking forward to the Sunday post.

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you :)
What a fantastic idea !!!!!
Thank you for sharing the news .
Looking forward to all the great works of art to be shared .
Have a wonderful weekend.
Until next time
Happy Trails

Snap said...

This sounds like a lot of fun. I do think stamps are little works of art. Now, I have to remember this meme is going on and prepare! Happy PFF

Joy said...

As a stamp lover I think that is a great idea. Not only do I have my own but inherited from my father who was always going to put them into albums when he retired, but never did. I inherited that procrastination gene from him, LOL.
I'm not unusually around on Sundays but think I have the gist of posting automatically, perhaps.
Happy PFF

Postcardy said...

I haven't collected stamps since I was 12 years old, but I still have my old stamp collection. When I tried to sell it I found out it is practically worthless.

Now collect postcards with pictures of stamps.

It will interesting to see what the stamp meme is like.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I used to collect stamps as a child and I even have my father's collection from when he was a child. I've never continued but I'm always pleased with attractive stamps on my cards. I will plan a post for the meme now.

Paul van Yperen said...

Great idea. Lately we received a letter form Great-Britain with a funny stamp of Wallace and Grommit. Here in Holland, there's a stamp with Uncle Dagobert Duck. Happy PFF.

MrCachet said...

I still 'collect' them, but only for the purpose of putting them on envelopes (for GOOD mail), and I've always wanted to make my own stamps. I'll try to play along, but am making no promises.

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Thank you for arranging this. I have been meaning to get out my dad's collcetion and put them in one of my whimsical jars. He just has them taped or stuck on regular paper vs a book. I will have to see if there are many unique ones. Now I have a reason to actually do this project!! Lisa

Dorincard said...

Me likes your idea! I'll be posting! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails