Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunday Stamps: Writers

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  It is a cold cloudy day in the American Midwest.

It's time for Sunday Stamps, and the theme is writers or poets.  I have a stamp that will be released on Feb. 6, 2024, of the Canadian-American writer Saul Bellow:

Scenes of Chicago are in the background, a city he is closely associated with.  He won a number of literary prizes, including the Nobel Prize for Literature.  More on Saul Bellow is at the Wikipedia page for him.

See more participants at SeeitonaPostcard.  

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

FinnBadger said...

Thanks for sharing this one - another Nobel laureate whose work I haven't read.

Mail Adventures said...

His work would be new to me, too. I like the way he is portrayed on the stamp.

violet s said...

I have never read any of his works, though I have heard of him. Looking at his wikipedia page it is interesting that everyone in his family changed their name. Also he was married five times!
He was a charming looking man.

Joy said...

Attractive stamp. I have only read one Bellow but it is so long ago I only have a vague memory of it so had to browse the list on Wikipedia for clues LOL and decided it must have been Herzog. I can't have felt the need to read another one!

marina said...

Nice stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails