Sunday, June 25, 2023

Sunday Stamps; hats

 Good Day, and welcome to my blog.  It's a cloudy and rainy day in the American Midwest.  No matter, it's time for Sunday Stamps.

The them this week is hats, helmets, or headgear.  I have a stamp from the US Postal Service.  I don't have it in hand, this image is from their website.

This stamp is honoring author Ernest J. Gaines. (1933 - 2019).  He wrote The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, A Gathering of Old Men, and A Lesson Before Dying.  And he is wearing a beret, in this painting form a photograph.

See more participants at SeeitonaPostcard.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Nice stamp, new to me :)

violet s said...

The USPS has done well with background information on him, and his stamp.

Joy said...

Amazing that this is the 46th Black History stamp, at that count I have only seen a fraction of them. As Violet Sky says a nice intro to him from USPS.

fafa said...

Je ne connaissais pas cet écrivain, grâce à ce timbre j'ai emprunté les 2 livres que possédait la médiathèque et je vais les lire cet été .Merci

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails