Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Stamps II 165

Good day, and welcome to Sunday on my blog.  It is the week of Mardi Gras, but it is also the Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year.

I am joining Sunday Stamps with this year's US contribution:
There is a gold embossed dog in the upper left hand corner, but yes, it's hard to tell that this stamp celebrates the Year of the Dog.  Pictured here are some bamboo stems, it seems.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard and see who else is joining in!

I have a page on Facebook: "Like" me and keep up with my infrequent  stamp, postcard, and quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I love these series, and I think these stamps look more better in real.

violet s said...

I also find it hard to see the dog in this stamp.
There is a lot happening right now - Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras/Carnival, Olympics...

Bob Scotney said...

Glad you told us these were bamboo shoots - I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Heleen said...

In real the shining gold will make it easier to find. However, I like puzzles like this :-)

Joy said...

I like the twisted bamboo, they used to sell those in ornate containers, made me wonder if they still do.

Maria said...

Thank you so much for calling out that dog detail on the USA Forever stamp. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails