Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sunday Stamps #198

Hello and welcome to Sunday Stamps. It is American Thanksgiving, known for many things, including many Americans staying off the internet for a few days.  But here at chez Viridian, we ate our leftover turkey, watched a movie, and set up Sunday Stamps.

Our theme is birds, a perennial favorite, of stamp issuers and for me too.


From a previous entry:
The bird on the left is known as the Japanese white eye or mejiro.  It is native to many areas in east Asia.   The bird on the right is The Black-crowned Night Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax), commonly abbreviated to just Night Heron in Eurasia, is a medium-sized heron found throughout a large part of the world,  according to Wikipedia.  Both these stamps are from South Korea.

Next is the spotted dove from Malaysia.


Then, the Evening Grosbeak from the Americas.


I used to see these birds in the winter, when I was a bit younger.  A small flock would come to the feeder by the kitchen window.  But it has been many years since I have seen them.

Please join me this week with your bird stamps.

Theme next week:  anything you wish.
Theme for #200: as we started: art on stamps.

Viridian



6 comments:

Kinga On Tour said...

Oh amazing birds stamps collection. All are beautiful <3

Mail Adventures said...

Really beautiful stamps, and all new to me.

Joy said...

Some lovely birds. Herons are one of my favorites although I've never seen a night heron.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I hadn't realised quite how popular birds on stamps are, until I started looking. The Evening Grosbeak arrived in my letterbox just the other day, a beautiful stamp.

VioletSky said...

Birds are indeed a favourite! Nice to see stamps from Korea.

Linda said...

They are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails