Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 195

It's another gray day here in the American Midwest, chilly, and the days are getting shorter.  But let's cheer up and share some Sunday Stamps.



Our theme this week is fruits of the forest: nuts and berries.  I think this is a new theme for Sunday Stamps.


This is the common blackberry also know as Rubus fruticosus.  It is a widespread kind of bush or bramble (watch out for the thorns!) with delicious fruit.  This pretty stamp is from Turkey.

And now for an announcement.  We have had almost 4 years (almost 200 weeks) of Sunday Stamps, and it's been a wonderful time.  I have seen so many great stamps, learned so many things about different countries and their folkways, music, and important persons, among other topics.  However, over the last few months I have felt my interest wane, and it's been difficult to find themes where I have a stamp to share.  Thank you, for example, to Calantha who had many good suggestions, but I was able to use just one.  I am also participating less in Postcrossing, so the flow of stamps into my mailbox is decreasing.

Therefore it is time for me to announce that Sunday Stamps # 200 will be the last.  It is with some regret, and I will miss you all, 'meeting' on my computer on Sundays.  But I feel it is time to make the break. I have been turning this over in my head for weeks.  It's better to do this now, than for me to suddenly disappear without explanation some 10 weeks from now.  

I will be rejoining Beth and Postcard Friendship Friday, and dropping in on Sepia Saturday, so this blog will not disappear.  Thank you so much for your time, attention and most of all your contributions and kind comments.

Love to you all,

Viridian

Theme next week: Anything you wish.
Theme week after that: furniture (sort of by suggestion!)



11 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have some wild berries from Sweden.

We are expecting about 6" of snow here and much colder weather too!!

Joy said...

Berries are such superb subjects for stamps. Sorry you are winding things up but nice we get to make it to 200. Thanks for hosting this enjoyable meme. I have enjoyed cudgeling my brain to come up with appropriate stamps.

VioletSky said...

I am sorry to hear that your interest has waned. this is my favourite day of the week for posting. but I can understand. though i see that I (not for the first time) misread the theme without checking... at least I got the berries right!

Bob Scotney said...

You reawakened my interest in stamps by hosting this meme and enabled me to see so many fine stamps posted by others from around the world. Thank you so much for your efforts over the years.

Bob Scotney said...

You reawakened my interest in stamps by hosting this meme and enabled me to see so many fine stamps posted by others from around the world. Thank you so much for your efforts over the years.

Bob Scotney said...

You reawakened my interest in stamps by hosting this meme and enabled me to see so many fine stamps posted by others from around the world. Thank you so much for your efforts over the years.

Lisa B said...

Thanks for hosting for so long, although I'm relatively late to join in. It's been fun.
Is anyone taking on the challenge or planning on hosting similar?
It would be nice for something with stamps to continue.

viridian said...

Lisa B: I would be OK with someone else taking over this meme, if they wished.

VioletSky said...

I would be willing to carry this on. Hopefully everyone would still like to participate?

Heleen said...

Thank you, Viridian, for hosting this beautiful site for such a long time!! As Bob said, you made also me look at my stamps with a new view. And made me (and all) enjoy all other people's stamps!
Without your Sunday Stamps I would never have discovered so many interesting themes on the square centimeters, which I otherwise would have kept in a usually closed box for ages.

And VioletSky, it would be great to continue! Thank you for being willing to carry on.
As my spare time is limited, I am not able to join each week, but I would love to keep on participating (and enjoying all posts) and I guess I'm not the only one!

Mail Adventures said...

I didn't participate this week, but I also want to thank you for your effort. I understand that it's difficult to keep the same interest trough so many weeks. I discovered a lot of things thanks to this meme: facts, people, history... even countries!

I would be glad to continue posting contributions to "Sunday Stamps" if VioletSky continues with it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails