Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 185

Well it's a busy morning here! I am going away with the family for a short vacation at a lakeside cottage and I need to get Sunday Stamps up and rolling.  Last one of the Summer.

Our theme is reptiles.  Amphibians are OK too though.


Lacerta is indeed a genus of lizards.  I was afraid my memory of this stamp was faulty and this might be a salamander!  Anyway a nice stamp from the Czech Republic, rather heavily cancelled!

Please join me this week with a reptile or amphibian.  Add your link below.

Theme next week:  Cultural artifacts, esp jewelry, but could be anything.
Theme week after that:  I'll get back to you!

Viridian



7 comments:

agi said...

what a great stamp, i want one! heh. i will be enjoying this immensely as its one of my favourite themes :)enjoy your trip..!

Mail Adventures said...

Nice stamp!
I'm glad to be back after some weeks.

Postcardy said...

I'm glad you mentioned amphibians. One of my favorite stamp postcards has a toad.

Bob Scotney said...

I have a green lizard too but mine's from Spain.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I had to turn to amphibians because I couldn't find reptiles. I certainly don't have a copy of the one you have.

Ana said...

not fond of reptiles...but they often seem to look nice on stamps though..esp. when there are flowers around as well :)

Heleen said...

I love this theme, thank you Viridian (and all who contributed - so interesting to see)!
Alas I didn't have time to search within my stamps yesterday, but I hope it will be repeated one day :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails