Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 183

It's the dog days of summer, and the world continues to have many problems, in the Middle East and elsewhere. August is not a slow news month this year.

Tonight though, and tomorrow, I will think about Sunday stamps, and our theme of undersea life.


These stamps are from Taiwan and show two brightly colored species of coral.  Next up:


A longnose filefish, which could be swimming around with you as you snorkel or scuba.

In these warm days (in the Northern Hemisphere) I do wish I could take the family to the beach.  It's not going to happen this year though, sadly.  So I will study these stamps.

Please join me with any stamp showing undersea life.

No Sunday stamps next week - vacation (getting children ready for school, actually.)
Theme two week's from today: anything you wish.

Viridian


7 comments:

Joy said...

The Taiwan stamps are a beautiful shot of colour.

Ana said...

I love corals! and I agree with Joy.. the colours of these stamps are just so beautiful!!

Bob Scotney said...

I searched and searched for coral but had to settle for fish.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I too love the coral. I didn't find any stamps that featured anything other than fish.

Unknown said...

Hi Viridian,
I just stumbled to your blog from Ana’s Sunday stamp blog, and I was surprised that you also feature Sunday stamps here!
I tried to search for the stamps you showed here, but I couldn’t find them in the online stamp catalogue named StampWorld.com. I am curious, when were they issued? Probably that online stamp catalogue doesn’t have these stamps yet, and I would like to inform them that you have such stamps so that they can include it soon.

agi said...

very pretty! i just got a postcard with a stamp of this theme, i'll have to wait for another chance :)

Heather said...

Lovely stamps. It hasn't been a beach kind of summer here either. oh well, we might have one of those warm lingering autumns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails