Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sunday Stamps # 87

It's time again for Sunday Stamps.

Today's theme: Cats, dogs, and other pets.  I wish I could have a cat as a pet, but alas, I have allergies.  And to dogs too, though not as bad.  But I can enjoy some great stamps featuring dogs:



The top stamp is from Hong Kong and shows a working dog, an English Springer spaniel.  This breed is used as sniffer dogs, for explosives and other items, and I think that is what is being shown in this stamp.  

 The bottom stamp is a unique stamp made by a Postcrosser, showing herself and her pet dog (looks like a German Shepherd to me).  This breed of dog is noted for its loyalty and intelligence, among other  traits.  It is also used as a sniffer dog, and for police work.

Viridian

Theme next week: My themes are picked based on your suggestions, or by what stamps I happen to have on hand or receive in the mail. Suggestions welcome!  Next week:  the Post, post boxes, postal vans, stamps on stamps, or similar images.


6 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

I'll be showing dogs again as well. Two great stamps you have especially the Springer.

Sreisaat said...

I adore dogs - I own two!
We used to have an English Springer as well but we had to give her away because we were moving to a place where dogs weren't allowed :(

Postcards Crossing

Marcie said...

I always admire the working dogs, they can be lifeguards or help handicapped people, they can sniff things... that is incredible!

Joy said...

I've gone with dogs too. I do like spaniels, innately cute.

Ana said...

ive gone with dogs and cats :)

it would be cool to have my cats featured on stamps...but without me :)
The English Springer spaniel is just lovely!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I would like to suggest for future theme:Emergency Vehicle like Firetrucks,Ambulance.
for animals, let us be specific,like Birds,or insects, or animals that live only on waters.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails