Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunday Stamps: Lighthouses

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  It's a warm summer morning in the American Midwest, and the air is "unhealthy for sensitive groups".  This is better than 2 days ago, when it was "hazardous".

It's time for Sunday Stamps, and the theme is lighthouses.

There is a new set of stamps from the US Postal service, issued June 9 of this year, called American Icons.

One of those stamps is a lighthouse.


This image is not from the USPS but from a stamp dealer on-line.  It does not say which lighthouse this is, but I suspect it is one of those along the Atlantic seaboard.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I like that they included lighthouse as an American icon. I have read it is "Bodie Island".

marina said...

Such a gorgeous image. It instantly makes you want to pack a bag and visit the coast!

violet s said...

After seeing various lighthouses on rocks and cliffs, it is interesting to see one on such flat terrain.

Lisa said...

So far I've only seen east coast lighthouse stamps, although there must be some for the west coast, there are lots of lighthouses in CA, OR, and WA. I have many postcards of them.