Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Ships or boats

 Good Day, and welcome to a cool but sunny morning in the American Midwest.

It's time for Sunday Stamps.  Our theme this week is ships or boats.  I have one stamp I have shared before, and one that is newer, from the US Postal Service.


(This image from the USPS). This I have shared before:  the USS Missouri, also known as Might Mo.  It moved fast for a ship of its size.  It is well known too, for being the site of Japan signing the documents of surrender at the end of World War II.

Here are more recent US stamps, of sailboats:


Again, this image is from the USPS.  These are stamps for postcards, now at 51 cents American.  Postage really has gone up!

See more participants at SeeitonaPostcard.  

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

marina said...

I posted the sailboat too...

violet s said...

"postage has really gone up" - still way below ours!! Haven't heard if it's going up again in the new year. I like the angled view of the USS MIssouri.

Mail Adventures said...

Those sailboats look also calm enough :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails