Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Green Stamps

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  It is a very cold (18 deg F) March day here in the American Midwest.  I was traveling all day last week and could not participate.

It's time for Sunday Stamps, and the theme is the color green.

From the US Postal Service website. a recent stamp honoring Shel Silverstein:


This, I believe, is an image from his book The Giving Tree.  Reading it as an adult, I never really liked this story, but that's just me.  I think this counts as a green stamp.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

violet s said...

Love your honesty!! Except in nature, I've never liked seeing red and green together, but it does stand out!

Mail Adventures said...

I've never read this book. Actually, I didn't know it existed before the stamp. But the stamp... I love it!

Joy said...

Sweet stamp. I'd never heard of the book either and after reading a synopsis I can see why it is divisive. Not one I would buy for a child.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails