Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Anniversaries

Good day, and welcome to another cold and moderately cloudy day in the American Midwest.

It's time for Sunday Stamps.  The theme this week is anniversaries.

I have a stamp from my Postcrossing days, from Germany: 


It is a stamp commemorating 200 years of the publication of the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales.  There is an open book, and in the center I think you can see the Bremen town musicians.  I can't quite make out the other characters, given the cancellation.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

FinnBadger said...

Fantastic stamp. I remember spending hours reading those tales as a child.

Mail Adventures said...

I think I can distinguish at least Puss in Boots and Cinderella. Wonderful stamp!

violet s said...

This one is a great stamp!

Joy said...

Very nice stamp, pity about the cancel, although I do love German cancels so am a bit conflicted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails