Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Stamps: Automobiles

 Good day, and welcome to my contribution to Sunday Stamps.  It is a gloomy day in January, but there have been some great stamps shared today!  Go to SeeitonaPostcard to know more.

The theme this week is automobiles.

The US Postal service currently has a set of stamps for the "Pony cars" of the late 1960's and 1970's - I knew these as "muscle cars" in my youth.  Oh, to see the cars of my youth with antique license plates!
Here is the set:


All images from the USPS web site - I don't have these in hand.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants. 

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I didn't pick any of these up. They do look good on those envelopes

violet s said...

The sun glinting off these old cars would make your day less gloomy!

Mail Adventures said...

Very good illustrations!

Joy said...

Nice and shiny cars. Never heard the expression Pony Cars, makes sense I suppose if it is derived from calling a person showing off - a show pony.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails