Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sunday Stamps #97

Sunday Stamps # 97! Closing in on 100!!!



It's a warm and quiet Saturday afternoon and dinner is in the oven.  I however am sick with a cold,and I am in the stage where it is getting worse rather than better.  Maybe tonight or tomorrow I will turn the corner.

However, it's time for a stamp on geology, or the earth.


Showing the element fire, this stamp pictures an active volcano.

What geology or earth stamps do you have in your collection?  Share them below.

Theme next week (by suggestion): Commemorations.

Viridian

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have a Devils Tower stamp.

Postcardy said...

Regarding next topic--are "commemorations" the same as anniversaries on commemorative stamps?

Joy said...

Good luck with the cold, you know winter has arrived with the first one.
Volcano photographs always look spectacular.

Bob Scotney said...

I don't think I have any volcano stamps but lava started one of the places I have shown.

Ana said...

at first glance i thought this was an Icelandic stamp...didnt know Germany had also issued such a stamp...beautiful!!
Hope you recover soon from the cold...lots of water, herb teas, lemon with lukewarm water honey...and garlic is a great fighter too :)

Helen said...

A topic very close to your own heart this week, Viridian. I like it. I really like your volcano stamp too. Hope you recover from the cold quickly!

viridian said...

Postcardy:
Yes. the stamp I have in mind for me is just that.

Marcie said...

It's time for having a cold everywhere...I am on my way to recovery and I hope you'll get well soon!

VioletSky said...

an active volcano - how exciting to see (in a picture)

and anniversaries (events, deaths...) were what I had in mind when I suggested commemorations

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I've just recovered from a cold so you have my sympathies.

I thought I had a volcano somewhere but I couldn't find it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails