Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunday Stamps #14

It's Spring and I think of flowers.
Sunflowers appear later in the summer of course, but this stamp is so bright and cheerful I wanted to share it today. It is from the Republic of China or Taiwan.  Some of us may remember this island being known as Formosa.

 In the Midwest USA we have had a run of gray rainy weather.  Finally it's sunny and warm today. And this sunflower fits my improved mood.

A question to my readers, regular and irregular:  do you have any suggestions for themes for future Sunday Stamps?  I have some  in mind but would appreciate suggestions of topics I have overlooked.

Viridian

Theme next week: Easter or religious, any religion.

10 comments:

Postcardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Postcardy said...

I love sunflowers!

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Im joining your meme for the first.

http://www.picturemyworld.info/2011/04/sunday-stamps/

Sreisaat said...

That's a lovely stamp! Sunflower is on top of my list of favourite flowers. They're so bright and cheery. I have flower-stamps from Taiwan too :)



Postcards Crossing

Joy said...

Love sunflowers, perfect symbol of summer, and something to look forward to.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm especially fond of sunflowers too. It shouldn't be long now until they're out. Our warm and sunny spell came to an abrupt halt this morning, to my dismay.

I have thought of topics from time to time but I immediately forget them again. All that comes to mind at the moment are bridges or buildings. I imagine the difficulty is to keep it general enough so everyone can hope to join in.

LiT Web Studio said...

Sunflowers are wonderful flowers! have shared one of my at Penny Black 1840...

Ideas for possible future themes? How about...animals, birds, fish, even insects, famous people, royalty, travel and transportation - or sub themes like cars, motorbikes, aeroplanes, trains etc, sport, ecology, music, weather, art, sculpture...

Or mood stamps - happiness, laughter etc.

Boy, did I ever get carried away ;-))

Marcie said...

Hi! Just wanted to post a few possible topics for the Sunday Stamps. What about sports? Flags or States? Special events? Typical things from your country? Famous people? Politics? Pets?

Dorincard said...

Sunflower...following the sun. No motion sickness. Beautiful stamp. :)

Aimee Dars said...

Such a pretty stamp! What a great way to welcome spring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails