Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunday Stamps #13

In which I ask you to share anything you wish.  I'll share a stamp I created myself:


It's my avatar for this blog and for Postcrossing, holding down some USA postage.  It is true I paid more that 44 cents each to have this stamp made, but who else has such a stamp? I am happy with how this turned out.

Along the way, zazzle management asked me if this was a photograph of anyone famous, and where I obtained the image.  I imagine they have to worry a lot about copyright infringement.  But no, this is from a photograph that I own, and I do not think she is anyone famous.

Share with us any stamp you wish.  The linky list will be open until Midnight USA Eastern time.

                   

Viridian

Theme next week: flowers, any flowers.

10 comments:

Elaine said...

A very nice stamp and it makes a great avatar for your blog. I had some stamps make for my Christmas cards with a family member and a gold tree I designed.
They are expensive but a novelty

Postcardy said...

Your stamp turned out nice. I am surprised that Zazzle asked you about the photo because I suspect they have quite a bit of stuff that is infringing on copyrights. Maybe they are more careful with postage stamps.

PaperSponge.com said...

Very nice stamp. I like the sepia tone of it. Thanks for letting me join the Sunday Stamp #13 series!

Christine H. said...

That stamp turned out very nicely. I'm sure Postcrossing participants are thrilled to receive it.

Sheila said...

I've always wondered who that was in your atavar. It makes a beautiful stamp, and really great for Postcrossing.

Joy said...

Its a lovely photo and graces a stamp nicely.

Sreisaat said...

That's a beautiful stamp, Viridian. I wouldn't mind paying extra just to have one of that... if only I could!


Postcards Crossing

Dorincard said...

You should have waited for USPS to create a stamp just like that...What!
...
:)
Beautiful creation!
If you want some criticism from those who dislike ALL personalized stamps, I could find a few persons for you...
:)

Aimee Dars said...

It is a lovely image!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful stamp!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails