Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Russian stamps, and a possible meme??


These stamps were on a Postcrossing postcard from Russia.  I wish I could read the language and know more about these paintings.
I am attracted to miniature anything, and what is more perfect than stamps? A mini work of art, or a picture of another land.

I am thinking of starting a meme, say, "Sunday Stamps", where bloggers could share interesting, pretty, or rare stamps.  Would anyone out there be interested?  [voice echoing in the emptiness]

viridian (secret stamp accumulator)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

These are beautiful!! I think sharing interesting stamps would be great!! Would you mind if I used these stamps in a digital art piece?

Gemma Wiseman said...

I saw this post after admiring your other Russian stamps! They are so artistic and romantically dignified! Gorgeous! I don't collect stamps unfortunately, but I wouldn't mind connecting my Weekend Mailbox to your meme!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails