Sunday, September 6, 2026

Sunday Stamps: Places of Learning

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  It is a cooler day in the American Midwest.  Could fall finally be here?

It's time for Sunday Stamps, and the theme is places of learning.

My stamp, from the USPS, is a little different.  It celebrates 150 years of the US Coast Guard Academy by featuring 2 teaching vessels on it.


The top ship is the Barque Eagle, and the bottom ship is the USCGC Bertholf.  More at this link.  I guess there is training on a classic sailing ship, and a modern cutter for the students.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I think it is a great design. And a perfect addition to "places of learning"!

Lisa said...

Nice how they show the ship of the past and present.

violet s said...

Quite a difference in 150 years!

Joy said...

I like that they still use the sailing vessel Eagle as a training ship.

marina said...

A very original choice for today's theme!