Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Stamps: Yellow

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  It is a cool sunny morning in the American Midwest.  Gosh we need some rain!

The theme this week is Yellow on Stamps, and I have a stamp I have shared before:

This is the California dogface butterfly, and this stamp was intended for large or odd shaped letters that can't go through the sorting machines.  I am not sure I see a dog's face!

Have a good week, everybody.
Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more entries.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I think I see the dog face on the wings :)

In the Company of Me said...

My mum loves butterflies - and I'm so happy to see yours and Eva's stamps. They remind me of her, and I miss her very much. Thanks for sharing.

violet s said...

I don't think the dog face is obvious, but it is a pretty butterfly.

Joy said...

I like that there is a stamp for odd shaped letters, pretty butterfly, I wouldn't have noticed the dog faces until prompted to look then I can't unsee them.

Lisa said...

I guess the dots are the dog's eyes? I'll keep looking at it, and look at other images of the butterfly to see! I grew up in CA and lived most of my adult life there, and I've never seen this butterfly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails