Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday Stamps: Canines

 I was traveling for my job last week and could not participate in Sunday Stamps.  Back again this week however, and happy to share stamps on the theme of the week, which is canines.  Our hostess has shared some wolves.  I have some stamps recently issued by the US Postal Service, of military dogs.  There is a set of 4, and one is featured on their web page and copied here:

The breeds on the stamps are German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever, Belgian Malinois, and Dutch Shepherd.  The images are by Greg Breeding.  Less dogs are used now than in the past by the military.

Visit SeeitonaPostcard for more participants.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

violet s said...

Nice illustration.
I've never really thought which breeds were used for the military.

Joy said...

I like how the artist has made it look as though it is wearing military camouflage.

Mail Adventures said...

I got those on a postcard. They aren't my favourite stamps, but I think the design is very ofiginal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails