Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday Stamps: Motion

 Good day and welcome to my contribution to Sunday Stamps.

The theme this week is Motion, which is hard to show in a painting, or the small space of a stamp.  But here is one stamp from the US Postal Service:


This is tennis champion Maureen Connolly Brinker, known as Little Mo.  She played in the early 1950's.  For three years in a row, she was the top ranked player in the world.  She is shown in the midst of a swing, and I think the stamp image captures her motion.

Go to SeeitonaPostcard for more contributions!

Viridian

4 comments:

violet s said...

There is a lot of news in tennis right now. This one is nice to see.

Mail Adventures said...

I love this image. I must say I hadn't hear of this tennis player until I got the stamp!

Joy said...

Mo and motion is a good fit for this week's theme. Attractive stamp.

Bob Scotney said...

I remember Little Mo and it's good to see her in action.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails